Friday, April 20, 2012

Discovering the Dinosaurs

Todays field trip was to Discover the Dinosaurs at the Tulsa Convention Center. I only heard about a few days ago but it sounded like the perfect place for a field trip. It started at noon and we were there about an hour. They had full scale replicas of almost every dinosaur you can think of. Even the mighty T-Rex. At the beginning of the exhibit they handed out scavenger hunt pages that you could turn in at the end of your journey and receive a small prize.

It was dark inside with lots of different dinosaur areas set up. I thought the exhibits were very well done and each area had an information plaque about the dinosaur. Some of the exhibits included buttons you could press to make the dinosaur move. Emma wasnt too sure about that but she seemed to enjoy looking around.


They also had a Dinostore, a place with bouncy inflatables, face-painting, a photo opportunity with T-Rex's head and a Dino-dig for the little ones. Jordan seemed to really like doing the scavenger hunt and even wanted to come home and learn more about dinosaurs. I myself find dinosaurs fascinating so it was also fun for me. Conor was amazed at them too.

Today was fun and I am so glad we took the time to get out and see something different. Thanks to my mom for her help!

No comments:

Post a Comment